Thursday, June 4, 2009

give up sex and blog instead?

ok, well not really. you can exhale now - sigh. plus if i did so - i probably would not have a wedding left to plan.

i should seriously start posting my skype chat conversations with my brother. i find them hilarious - maybe you will too. so this entry was totally his idea (although granted, i did help him come to think of it while venting my frustrations and anxieties!) his suggested title: "in an effort not to get pregnant before my wedding, i have decided to give up sex and blog instead".

why do we discuss topics like these, you might ask? well, last thanksgiving i went to visit said brother in new york, where we promptly visited countless wedding ateliers (with no intention of purchase, of course!) but, alas, i found the dress! after numerous aimless circles around many manhattan blocks, we returned and bought the gown. AAAHHH - at this point mind you, i didn't even have a date for our wedding!

thus, my life since november 2008 has revolved around an effort to maintain the measurements taken of my body that beautiful fall day. little diet here and there, trying to maintain some sort of exercise routine, and bringing a tape measure with me everywhere. you know, in case i need to measure my bust or waist spur of the moment. something like that.

what has me completely panicked every month though is the nerve wracking wait for my period to come. the day it arrives is marked by a sigh of absolute relief and happiness - jeez - i can't remember having these same kinds of emotions since...? i can't even remember...but definitely from the days where getting pregnant would have been a big NO-NO. oops.

and this is coming from me - someone whose maternal instinct has really kicked her in the ass and made it clear that the clock is ticking and it's about time. i really can't wait to have babies and start a family.

i just hope it happens after i look stunning and slim in my gown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment